Engaging with an experienced company formation agent in Ecuador promises a smooth and successful market entry while ensuring your company meets all local corporate legal and tax requirements. With extensive knowledge of Ecuador’s business ecosystem, a company formation agent will provide support and specialist advice during the incorporation process allowing you to avoid bureaucratic pitfalls and save valuable time.
Bordering Colombia to the north and Peru to the south, Ecuador recorded a gross domestic product (GDP-PPP) of $202 million (all figures in USD) in 2019 and reached positive Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows of $937 million during the same year, according to the World Bank.
Table of Contents
Company formation agent in Ecuador: what does it mean?
Advantages of working with a company formation agent
6 key steps to form a company in Ecuador
- Choose a social objective: Companies in Ecuador can have one social objective and up to five additional economic activities. Check with your company formation agent which economic activity is best suited to your business operations in the country.
- Reserve a company name: You must choose and reserve the name of your company through the Company Superintendent (SUPERICIAS) web page.
- Register your company: Register your business with the Mercantile Registry. Note that to complete this step, the legal representative and shareholders of the company must sign a company deed before a public notary.
- Obtain the company tax ID number: Once your registration is concluded, you must request and obtain a company tax ID number (RUC – Registro Único de Contribuyentes) with the Internal Revenue Service of Ecuador (SRI).
- Open a bank account: Open a corporate bank account and deposit the required capital to activate it.
- Request and obtain the municipal patent: Register the company’s office address before the Mercantile Registry and obtain the municipal patent.
Biz Latin Hub can be your company formation agent in Ecuador
At Biz Latin Hub, our team of experienced company formation agents is equipped to help you enter the Ecuadorian market and take advantage of the country’s business opportunities. With our full portfolio of corporate legal, accounting, and back-office services, our trusted multilingual team is equipped to deliver excellence and ensure the success of your market incorporation.
Contact us now for personalized assistance.
Learn more about our team and expert authors.